- I’m pretty excited about the direction my business is heading. In addition to copywriting (my core business), I’ve started teaching small business owners how to optimize their websites to bring in more business. Stay tuned to hear more!
- I’m having a wonderful month over here working away on various client projects: SEO for a local shredding company, a white paper for a meetings and events software provider, blogging for a technical staffing company, writing executive bios for a mid-sized software firm and more. I wish you a productive, successful and profitable April!
- March has been a busy - and productive – month. I had the privilege of speaking at the Atlanta Bloggers Meetup on “SEO for 2012″ and I was the guest expert on SEO for WordPress with a new colleague and friend I met at the NAMS conference, Paul Taubman.
- SEO services have taken the cake this month! I’m working on lots of SEO reports for small business websites, keyword research packages, and revising web copy to make it more SEO friendly. As always, I’m working with a great group of business owners.
- I’m excited to announce that it’s confirmed – I’ll be a speaker at WordCamp Atlanta 2012. My topic will be on SEO for WordPress, and my target audience is non-technical business owners and marketing specialists. Can’t wait for another great WordCamp.
- Kicking off several big content strategy initiatives for 2012; looking forward to launching new copy, content and marketing campaigns.
- Contracted to work on website copy for 4 great new companies: one in the construction industry, a large hotel chain, a custom WordPress development agency and a medical software provider.
- I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be a speaker for Digital Atlanta week. My free workshop will be on beginning a DIY SEO strategy on November 11, 2011 at Roam. Check out the details on my SEO for small business workshop here.
- I’m kicking off October (what is historically my busiest month) with a few great projects: writing an event prospectus for a global exhibition and events company, rewriting website content for a mid-sized law firm, SEO content copywriting for a national hotel chain, ghostblogging and more. Looks like this will be a productive Q4.
- As always with this time of the year, it’s one of my busiest for freelance copywriting work. Clients are trying to execute final projects before the holiday season begins. It’s a busy – but fun – time!
- Next week I’m attending the NAMS6 Conference in Atlanta – will I see you there?
- Great projects I’ve worked on in August: PPC landing pages for a healthcare company, SEO blog posts for an attorney, SEO meta description work for a Fortune 500, SEO website copywriting for a financial software provider, newsletter articles for a consumer products manufacturer and more. Thanks to all my clients this month!
- From April until now, I’ve been very quiet because of a very demanding project I recently launched…check it out on my blog!
- I just completed my 2011 SEO workshop training. Check out my new certificate here.
- This is why it’s so important to get feedback and testimonials directly from clients: one just summed up my work with, “…you understand business development and positioning, and your work extends from website to SEO to direct marketing…” I couldn’t have said that better myself!
- Ongoing education is extremely important. Right now, I’m halfway through a 9-week Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Online Training Workshop.
- I’m seeing a lot of inquiries about website copyediting. Companies are looking to redo their website with a more “2011″ look and feel to it. If you haven’t touched your website in more than two years, you’re probably due for a makeover or refresher.
- Many projects that were put on hold in 2010 are getting resurrected in 2011. New year, new budgets.
- Blogging is still hot! Just picked up another ghostblogging client and about to partner with an agency on a very cool, innovative blogging package.
- Busy week in between the holidays as clients and I are preparing for 2011 and getting marketing projects out the door. I’m working on 2 ghostblogging projects, a website copy re-write and 2 SEO press releases. Great stuff!
- Making some time this Friday afternoon to work on marketing materials for my own business. I’m working on a case study for SEO press releases, a few blog posts, new website content and more. All in time for 2011!
- I’m coming off the heels of a 12-page website copywriting project, 2 SEO articles, and a website copyediting job. Onto the next batch! I’m very excited about the next few projects I’ll be working on – all due right before the holidays. Whew!
- This is a pretty busy holiday week – working on 12 content pages for a carpet manufacturer’s website, a new group buying daily deal article and three more projects which begin early next week. I am very grateful for my great clients!
- It’s official! Next week I’ll be speaking on the topic of book marketing at the Strategic Self-Publishing seminar in Atlanta.
- Kicking off three new projects this week - SEO website copy, 600-word article and website copyediting.
- I’m loving this busy fall so far – personally and professionally. On this beautifuly afternoon in Atlanta I’m sitting in my home office working on case studies and a few website copy projects. And thinking about all I have to do as the final quarter of 2010 approaches.
- New client this week! I’ll be ghostblogging for a Boston-based lawyer on a few of his business blogs.
- Wrapping up several projects before the upcoming Labor Day holiday – I’ll come back up for air soon!
- New client this week for a website copywriting and launch project: a software developer in Atlanta who is working on an amazing new financial app targeted towards consumers. Very cool!
- Businesses are gearing up for a busy fall season – I’ve had a lot of requests recently for projects to be completed before the end of the month.
- On the copywriting project list for this week: SEO content pages, online press releases and articles for link building, case studies, brochure copyediting, corporate bios, and SEO website writing. Great stuff!
- Whew – last day of June and many projects scheduled for next month. Very exciting! Have a safe and happy 4th of July everyone.
- Just finished the day attending the Business of WordPress Conference. I also moderated a really great panel regarding WordPress website design options and how to hire the best consultant.
- Lots of great projects this week including case studies for an interactive marketing agency, description tags for a huge online retailer (more than 200,000 products = a LOT of tags), press releases, website copy, and more. It’s shaping up to be a very busy summer!
- I’m very happy to find out that I was elected as the VP of Public Relations for my Toastmasters chapter (Sandy Springs, GA). Toastmasters is one of the best–and quickest–ways to enhance your personal and professional development. It’s been great for my career.
- I love this quote about copywriting as one of the main misperceptions about copywriting is that it’s just “putting words to paper.” Copywriting actually involves a lot of research, competitive analysis and strategic positioning. Here is the quote:
“A great copywriter is also a great salesperson. After all, copy is salesmanship in print.”
Do you agree?
- This week I had a potential client find me on Twitter. She reached out after she saw one of my tweets on SEO Copywriting. Social media is a time investment but certainly does work.
- Enjoying the perks of a freelance writing career and owning my own business…I’m working remotely this week from Myrtle Beach. Don’t hate me too much though – the forecast calls for rain.
- I’m excited to be part of the planning committee for The Business of WordPress Conference in Atlanta on June 23. I truly believe that WordPress can empower entrepreneurs and small businesses and I created my website on WordPress. More info here on the conference here: http://www.thebusinessof.net/wordpress/. Also, check out my ebook and guide on using WordPress to create a blended blog/website.
- I attended a great presentation this week on “Boosting Your Website Sales.” The Presenter stressed the importance of three things: 1) Optimize your site 2) Blog and 3) Create and submit online press releases. I couldn’t agree more! I have seen this strategy work for several clients.
- Two of my clients have big days today: one is speaking at a big industry association event and the other is presenting her new products to a national media personality (for national publicity/PR) .Good luck, Lori and Josh!
- Working this week on writing copy for an eCommerce website.
- I can’t reveal details yet, but I was just asked to be on the leadership of a fantastic organization that is rapidly expanding in Atlanta…more details to come soon!
- An architecture firm just hired me to write a series of white papers; they will use them for trade show lead follow up and other lead generation strategies. This firm specializes in designing and constructing cancer centers – very important work. I feel honored to work with them!
- I just got booked for a corporate lunch n’ learn in April on writing and communication. Looking forward to it!
- I got a really flattering call today. The head of a 1000+ member Atlanta marketing organization thought highly enough of me to call and ask if I wanted to take over running the group, planning and promoting events. Turning it down was a very difficult decision…
- Great news! My article for the Discovery Channel’s How Stuff Works was just accepted. The link will be coming soon.
- Just got the nicest recommendation from the German American Chamber of Commerce. Check it out here.
- Landed a really interesting new client in logistics and transportation. I’ll be doing an SEO website copy rewrite.
- I’m about to start work with the owner of a VERY popular Atlanta-based restaurant. He has some exciting projects coming up.
- I’m really excited about helping my client set up her new blog and get it going. She’s going to impact a lot of people.
- Happy birthday to me! My boss is giving me the day off (as a freelancer, that never gets old).