Below are a few timely resources with takeaways that I found helpful for marketers. I’ll continue to update this page with great links and takeaways. Be safe!
- WSJ article: “The Good News Is, You’re CEO. The Bad News Is the Economy Is Shut Down.”
- “Right now, is when we show the value and culture”
- What do you want your company to be associated with?
- Monitor the situation and build a continuity plan
- Focus on growth, cost cutting and strategy
- Find opportunities, analyze them, seize them
- Show you’re listening
- Reinvention – use the current crisis for reinvention
- Protect yourself, and find opportunities
- Companies who are winning: Zoom, Slack, Clorox, Amazon Fresh, home fitness
- Companies who are struggling: Delta, Carnival Cruise, Disney, events and festivals
- “Managing Your Digital Strategy During COVID-19”
- Hold firm on maintaining a strong brand presence.
- Those brands that invest in maintaining or increasing their presence during economic downturns will benefit once it recovers.
- Search demand for services such as e-learning, electrical goods/electronics and home schooling supplies has skyrocketed over the past week or so.
- Plan for longer conversion paths
- On social media, now is the time to humanize your brand, foster community, help those who need it most, and build awareness by doing the right thing.
Rand Fishkin/Moz’s recent Whiteboard Friday: “Marketing in Times of Uncertainty – Whiteboard Friday” from Friday, April 3rd
Latest posts by Jenny Munn (see all)
- UX and SEO Best Practices: Use Your Peripherals! - August 5, 2020
- 3 Things an “Advanced SEO” Class Taught Me About SEO - July 27, 2020
- Why I Scare Off Most Potential SEO Clients Looking for an SEO Specialist - July 14, 2020