Let me ask you a question.
When you attend a webinar that teaches about SEO….or read an article that outlines SEO best practices or the latest trends …are you more overwhelmed than inspired?
It’s inevitable that there will be friction between what you learn and how you put it into action.
This is why on my trainings, there is a tool I introduce early on. It’s so simple it’s sort of ridiculous, but here we go.
Introducing the SEO Execution Priority Timeline
Let me introduce this tool with this quick overview video:
I know. Super high tech, right?
If you have a traditional project management tool, great. Stick with that. But if you’re like many marketers and content creators who haven’t formally documented their action list, we have to get you more structured.
Why it works
Here’s why the SEO Execution Priority Timeline tool works:
- It’s incredibly simple. Draw your own quick table replicating this, or print out this no-frills template here.
- There’s a lot you have to do with SEO. SO much more than you ever had to in the past. The only way to get it done is to prioritize and roll up your sleeves.
- SEO is more competitive than it used to be, which means you’re going to have to employ more creative tactics than you used to
- As I mention in the video above, most SEO action items aren’t tasks – they are PROJECTS. You can’t cross them off in 15 minutes.
Give it a Road Test
Let me give you a few examples of how you can put this into place.
Check out the below resources from SEMRush (click on the images to go through to the articles). I dare you to read through, and not get motivated to beef up your own SEO strategy.
And to make sure motivation translates to action, document action items on your own SEO Execution Priority Timeline.
The worst SEO To-Do list is the one you keep in your head. Happy documenting!
SEO Essentials Mini-Course
Refresh your SEO skills with this 5-day SEO fundamentals mini-course. You'll learn the key pieces of knowledge marketers must have to master the complex world of SEO.
Latest posts by Jenny Munn (see all)
- You Suck, Google: 3 Basics for Marketers About the Move to GA4 (Google Analytics 4) - March 28, 2022
- How to Get SEO Traction Faster (A Must-Do Technique in 2022)￼ - February 8, 2022
- 2022 SEO Trend Alert – How Marketers Need to Plan for the Year Ahead - January 6, 2022