Does SEO copywriting guarantee first-page rankings? Unfortunately not. If anyone ever guarantees rankings based on SEO copywriting or onpage SEO alone, think twice before listening to them (let alone hiring them!). False guarantees and misleading expectations are two of the primary reasons SEO professionals have such a bad rap. Although SEO copywriting is extremely important, ranking on the first page of Google depends on MANY factors:
- The competition of your keywords
- The amount of SEO work your competitors on Page 1 have done and are doing
- How authoritative your site is
- How often fresh, engaging, keyword-rich content is being added to your site
- How many links are coming in to your site
- Site structure, site speed, and other important technical nuances
Now, onpage optimization alone did work for my Atlanta copywriting business for several years. But to maintain that ranking (as my competitors have gotten more web savvy), I’ve had to incorporate linkbuilding activities and social media marketing. This guy also achieved more business and clients due to his first page Google ranking solely from SEO copywriting. But – our focus areas are pretty niche.
Even if your SEO does get you to the first page of Google, there are no guarantees that SEO will bring you business and increase your profitability. There are many other factors to consider once a visitor arrives at your site: Did you attract the right traffic? Is your site trustworthy? Do you have a quality product? Is your sales funnel effective? How competitive is your niche? Are you educating your customers first?
Your customers are searching every day for the services and products you offer. Don’t you want to be the company or service provider they turn to? If you need help sorting out the confusion around SEO, check out my how to SEO ebook. Or, drop your question in the comment box below – I’d love to hear from you!
Interested in more SEO updates? Connect with me on Google+ today or sign up for my newsletter in the upper right column.
Latest posts by Jenny Munn (see all)
- How to Rank at Position 0: Tools and Tactics the Pros Use - June 10, 2019
- What Is Position 0 and Why Do You Need to Make It Part of Your SEO Strategy? - May 2, 2019
- AMA Digital Marketing Bootcamp - March 31, 2019